Public policy surrounding the issue of net neutrality has sparked fierce debate about the future of the Internet. NAB Show will address this topic in a highly-anticipated Super Session titled “World Without Rules: Is This the End of the Open Internet?,” Tuesday, April 8 at 4:00 p.m. in Las Vegas. Featuring top opinion leaders and experts on the issue of net neutrality, the panel will address how proposed regulations governing access to the Internet will affect content providers, ISPs and content creators.
NAB Show is the world’s largest annual event for professionals who create, manage and distribute entertainment across all platforms.
Opinion leaders on both sides of the issue will debate the merits and drawbacks of the FCC’s proposed rules, which would prohibit ISPs from blocking websites, force them to disclose how they manage traffic and prevent them from favoring some kinds of traffic over others. If the FCC’s pending rules do not move forward, ISPs may move into the same legal category as phone companies, which are treated more like utilities and face stricter regulations.
- Amy Schatz, Tech Policy Senior Editor, Re/code (moderator)
- Jessica J. Gonzalez, Executive Vice President, National Hispanic Media Coalition
- Robert McDowell, Former Commissioner, FCC
- Pantelis Michalopoulos, head of Telecom Internet & Media, Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Berin Szoka, President, TechFreedom
Read NAB’s full announcement, including speaker bios, and hope to see you there!