The Tech Policy Summit is an independently-produced, nonpartisan gathering that brings together leading industry executives, investors, government affairs professionals, legal experts, academics and consumer advocates to discuss critical policy issues impacting technological innovation. Some of the topics that will be addressed at this year’s Summit include:
- The role of the government in improving private sector cybersecurity
- Digital privacy and government access to data
- Responsibilities of online intermediaries
- How social media and big data are impacting policy
- Lessons learned from the SOPA/PIPA battle
- Broadband access and growth
- Emerging technologies and the future of copyright
Confirmed speakers include Votizen CEO David Binetti , former Congressman Rick Boucher , Google policy manager Betsy Masiello , POPVOX founder and CEO Marci Harris , CDT’s vice president for policy Jim Dempsey , VP of Academics and Innovation at Singularity Vivek Wadhwa , Politico reporter Michelle Quinn and CNET chief political correspondent Declan McCullagh . TechFreedom’s Berin Szoka is a member of the 2012 Advisory Board for Tech Policy Summit and will be speaking at the conference. More details are available at TechPolicySummit.com and additional speakers will be announced soon.
Registration for Tech Policy Summit is now open , and you can sign up for a special TechFreedom rate of $695 with discount code TF2012 . Space is limited to 200 people and the rate increases to $1,495 on May 19, so we encourage you to register early to secure your spot.