On Friday, February 27 (11 a.m. ET), TechFreedom and the International Center for Law and Economics (ICLE) hosted a fireside chat with FCC Commissioners Ajit Pai and Mike O’Rielly about the previous day’s FCC vote on net neutrality rules, reclassification of broadband under Title II, and FCC preemption of state laws governing municipally owned networks.
Following the fireside chat, an all-star panel, moderated by TechFreedom president Berin Szoka, discussed the votes and what they mean for the future of the Internet, featuring:
- Michael Calabrese, Director of the Wireless Future Project, New America Foundation, @MCalabreseNAF
- Robert McDowell, former FCC Commissioner; Partner, Wiley Rein, @McDowellTweet
- Markham Erickson, Partner, Steptoe & Johnson (has represented the Internet Association, Netflix and Open Internet Coalition), @mcerickson
- Barbara Esbin, Partner, Cinnamon Mueller (represents small cable operators, including muni broadband networks), @Barbara Esbin
- Geoffrey Manne, Executive Director, ICLE, @GeoffManne
We can be reached for comment at email@example.com.