(Unfortunately, C-SPAN’s livestream is not functioning due to technical issues, though their recording will be available on this page later today).
Telephone companies have already begun transitioning their networks to Internet Protocol. This could save billions while improving service for consumers and promoting faster broadband, but has raised a host of policy and legal questions. How can we ensure the switch is as smooth and successful as possible? What legal authority do the FCC and other agencies have over the IP Transition and how should they use it?
Join TechFreedom on Monday, May 19, at its Capitol Hill office for a lunch event to discuss this and more with top experts from the field. Two short technical presentations will set the stage for a panel of legal and policy experts, including:
- Jodie Griffin, Senior Staff Attorney, Public Knowledge
- Hank Hultquist, VP of Federal Regulatory, AT&T
- Berin Szoka, President, TechFreedom
- Christopher Yoo, Professor, University of Pennsylvania School of Law
- David Young, VP of Federal Regulatory Affairs, Verizon
Monday, May 19, 2014
11:30am – 12:00pm — Lunch and registration
12:00pm – 12:20pm — Technical presentations by AT&T and Verizon
12:20pm – 2:00 pm — Panel on legal and policy issues, audience Q&A